Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cherishing little boy's point of view

Just a quick peek into Connor's take on the world:

In the car after school, Connor tells me how his teacher took a light and a mirror and bent the light and made it shine onto the wall.  And, then how she used colors and bent the colors too and shone them on the wall.

I was astounded, thinking that his class was embarking on some pretty amazing physics experiments.  I was all,"Wow! Mrs. Maeyaert is really ambitious!"

As he kept describing how it worked, I finally figured out that he was talking about an overhead projector that they must've used that day.
Oh, the amazement and wonder of my little smarty-pants.

I love how his mind must've really studied that machine to figure out how the picture ended up on the opposite wall while his teacher drew maps of the world on it as they learned about oceans and continents.  It must've mesmerized him.  I love his curious mind.

Here's a picture he took--he's moved on from still-shots.  He wanted to take a few while he spun around to capture the motion.  What a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment